Monday, April 18, 2005

Message from mrchampion via PBM Server


Hello, below you have the message that another cheater sent to me.

===================================================================
Hi Mr Champion,
(why not using your real name to sign a message like this ? ...I'm maybe
talking to a computer...)

What you are asking is a difficult question... I have two choices.

Or I quit the games as you propose because I agree that letting play a
computer program the games for you is not really a good attitude for a
LOA-loving player. And I can confirm that for each of my moves I take
the full responsibility but I must admit that now and then I do some
analyzing with a colleague at work (so I'm using his brains....) ;-)

It is a long tradition in postal chess that for each move a chess-player
was using books on openings, asking some advice in his chess-club on
some of his difficult positions and if possible he did that with
stronger players...so was the complete game his creation? The answer is
YES and NO. "NO" because some of the ideas came from other "brains".
"YES" because if he is a real chess-loving player he will only play
moves he can "support"/"understand"/"agrees with". I do agree that the
strong computer chess-programs are a possible source for "corrupted"
games but has all "postal" chess died ...? NO, I recently followed a
discussion on "Chess_Improvement@yahoogroups.com" about sites to play
on-line or off-line chess and I was surprised to see thousands of
players being involved in "possibly corrupted" games ...

On the other hand, I can continue to play and see what I can learn from
those "computer"-players and maybe even win some of the games...so with
the arguments given above I continue to play and I will see what it
brings me ... I hope you understand and respect my choice.

Kind regrads,
Marc Decroos
========================================================================
====

As you can see, Marc is another member of the Royal Cheaters Club. He
confesses he uses external aid for making his moves.
Marc is a player (remember that he has progammed his own computer LoA)
that play only moves that "he can "support"/"understand"/"agrees with"
but probably suggested by another computer program.
Ben Johnson won a gold medal in the olympic games, who know? Maybe he
loves the athletics or the sport in general but he took drugs for going
faster. And he was eliminated as everybody expected. Which answer will
be given by the organizers of this corrupted event? "Le Tour" is even
fairer.
Do you undertand the difference, Mr De Cross?
Now I can undertand why his ranking in boardspace is so low.
Mr DeCross, Mr Impostore, Mr gfb I challenge you to an on-line match in
boardspace or in ludoteka, you set the rules you set the time limits,
(webcam required to see that you are alone and that there is not a
computer program aid.)

I'm very proud of being the only legal player who reached the final
round.
Dave, according to Decross' confession you should remove the previous
titles of this cheater.

Now enjoy with the computers e-mail tournamnet.

Kind regards,
Mr Champion (I can tell you that my name is Hiroshi Heiberg, do you know
a photocopy of my identity card?, come on. It's just a name)

No comments: